We are looking for a Full Stack developer to join our team.
We are looking for an experienced developer to join our team. As a Full-stack Developer, your responsibility is to design and develop robust high-performance and scalable applications. We are looking for a person who is motivated to combine the art of design/abstraction with the art of programming.
Fullstack developers are responsible for implementing visual and interactive elements and performant websites based on HTML5, CSS and PHP, also for server-side application logic.
Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable server applications to meet our company’s needs.
- Implement the features and user interfaces
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Owners, QAs and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Keep up with emerging technologies and best practices
Experience with the following is required
- Proven work experience as a PHP developer
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility
- Understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding of server-side PHP pre-processing platforms
- English communication skills
Hands on experience with:
- RESTful api design
- Mysql, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- CI-CD: CircleCI, Travis
- Test automation: Cypress, TestCafe, Mocha
- Packaging: Docker
- AWS, EC2, RDS, S3, ECS, Fargate / Digital OCen
- Scrum and Agile
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
WHAT WE DO
Agave Lab is a combination of a venture capital firm and a startup incubator. The model is called a “Company Builder”. Beyond that we attend product/software development needs of these companies along with external startups customers that we help with their own projects.
WHO WE ARE
We are a group of designers, developers, and product managers, that operate out of the Agave Lab incubator in Guadalajara. We have a 700 M2 facility with a pool, and a garden in the coolest Colonia in GDL.
We have a very informal workplace and culture – flip flops and shorts are just fine. We work hard and are dedicated to quality but, for the most part, it’s a relaxed and stress free place to work. We all genuinely like each other and, most days, we look forward to coming to work.
BENEFITS and PERKS
The position is full time in GDL (remote)
- Competitive salary
- Law benefits
- Monday to Friday
- Major medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible work hours and Home Office
- Pool at the office
- Yoga, English and Pilates class
- Social activities
- Two times a year the team goes to the beach
- Paid holiday vacation from Xmas to New Year
- Nap room (For those moments of nap time)
- Snacks, Coffee and Beer
- No dress code
Please send your CV or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org