SR QA Engineer
Agave Lab is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in Guadalajara. Your role will be strategic in nature – your primary focus will be the creation and implementation of automated black-box and grey-box test frameworks. The output of these tests will meticulously recorded, analyzed, and used to improve both the quality and efficiency of our overall development process. In this role you will report directly to the CTO.
- Quality Assurance of the entire product/software creation process
- Keep up with emerging technologies and best practices on QA
Experience with the following is required:
- Have a strong understanding of different kinds of test methodologies (regression, functional, unit, integration, code coverage, performance)
- Have experience with testing responsive websites, and native Android and iOS apps
- Have a working knowledge of GitHub or similar code repositories
- Have worked in an Agile / SCRUM environment
- Can break down functional and technical product specifications
- Know how to write clear feature acceptance criteria
- Know how to create detailed and logical test plans
- Test execution and strategy
- Are meticulous about logging, communicating, and working with engineers and product management to prioritize and resolve bugs
- Enjoy researching and experimenting with emerging testing technologies and techniques.
- Are proficient in English (written and spoken)
- Have 1+ years of experience in building automated test suites using tools like Cypress, Selenium, Appium, Espresso, XCTest, Cucumber, and/or Calabash
- Attention to detail
- An excellent written and oral communicator
- An enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and startup culture (how they work, how to build one, etc)
- Customer service orientation
- Hard working with good time management and multitasking skills
- Passionate about delivering quality software and defending the customer/end-user perspective.
WHAT WE DO
Agave Lab is a combination of a venture capital firm and a startup incubator. The model is called a “Company Builder”. Beyond that we attend product/software development needs of these companies along with external startups customers that we help with their own projects.
WHO WE ARE
We are a group of designers, developers, and product managers, that operate out of the Agave Lab incubator in Guadalajara. We have a 700 M2 facility with a pool, and a garden in the coolest Colonia in GDL.
We have a very informal workplace and culture – flip flops and shorts are just fine. We work hard and are dedicated to quality but, for the most part, it’s a relaxed and stress free place to work. We all genuinely like each other and, most days, we look forward to coming to work.
BENEFITS and PERKS:
The position is full time in GDL.
- Competitive salary
- Law benefits
- Monday to Friday
- Major medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible work hours and Home Office
- Pool at the office
- Yoga, English and Pilates class
- Social activities
- Two times a year the team goes to the beach
- Paid holiday vacation from Xmas to New Year
- Nap room (For those moments of nap time)
- Snacks, Coffee and Beer
- No dress code
Please send your CV or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org