Agave Lab is seeking a Python Developer.
About the Position…
- You’ll be using Python to build reports and analysis modules.
- You can work out of our office in GDL or home or a combination.
- You’ll be part of a larger team that is spread across Mexico and the US.
- Salary is generous and flexible depending on your expertise.
We want to hire you if you…
- Have 2+ years of experience programming with Python.
- Have experience with Pandas and/or SQLAlchemy.
- Are able to write scalable code that is clean and well-documented.
- Have experience with the Agile development process.
- Are interested in startup culture – how to build one, how they work, etc.
What we do. . .
Agave Lab is a combination of a venture capital firm and an startup incubator. The model is called a “Company Builder”. We don’t wait for startups to pitch us. Instead we look for interesting markets and identify opportunities within those markets to create disruptive startups. We then do a seed investment, build a team around the idea, and incubate it in-house for six months. Then we spin it out and do the next one.
This six month incubation period functions as a compressed master’s level education in how to build a startup. As a developer here, your role would be (in addition to writing excellent code) as a mentor to successive startup development teams. Some of the companies that have come through our incubator include VoxFeed, Avisora, and Digitt.
Who we are:
We are a group of designers, developers, and product managers, that operate out of the Agave Lab incubator in Guadalajara. We have an 700 M2 (7500 ft2 ) facility with a pool, and garden in the coolest Colonia in GDL. We have a very informal workplace and culture – flip flops and shorts are just fine. We work hard and are dedicated to quality but, for the most part, it’s a relaxed and stress-free place to work. We all genuinely like each other and, most days, we look forward to coming to work.
- You’ll send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ll do an evaluation based on your resume and set up a quick skype/call.
- If that goes well, we will ask you to do a coding exercise, if all goes well…
- …You’re hired!